— Verve Patient
Botox is one of the leading wrinkle treatments used in cosmetic practices today. It works by temporarily paralyzing the facial muscles that contract and form wrinkles. Botox is injected into the muscles and blocks the nerve signals in the treatment area to suspend muscle movement. As the muscles relax, so do the overlying wrinkles.
Botox is great for improving the look of frown lines (vertical lines that develop in between the eyebrows) and crow’s feet around the outside corner of the eyes. The wrinkle-relaxing effects last temporarily – typically between three to six months – and repeat treatments are recommended to maintain the results.
Most Common Areas Treated & Average Dosing:(some patients may require more or less based off provider assessment)
- Avoid manipulating the area or laying down for 4 hours.
- You may have minor bruising or swelling at the injection sites. You may ice these areas for comfort.
- You may apply cover makeup as needed 30 minutes after the injections
- Avoid excessive exercise, alcohol, or other activities after injection.
- 3 to 14 days after injection
- If you have deep set line, it will take repeat treatments to see deeper lines relax ;however, muscle paralysis will still onset in 3-14 days.
No. Results typically last 3-4 months and repeat treatment is needed at that time.