— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Face Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Male Breast Reduction
- Male Body Contouring
- Male Liposuction
- Male Facial Rejuvenation
- Male Facial Fat Grafting
- Male Rhinoplasty
- Male Eyelid Surgery
- Male Brow Lift
- Med Spa
Male Facial Rejuvenation
Facelift is the most comprehensive way to correct visible signs of aging. An expertly performed facelift will make you look 10 years younger, more awake and more refreshed. Avoid the artificial, pulled-back look that is common on overworked lifts. Dr. Gupta always tightens the muscles in the area in proper orientation to provide a more toned look and to increase the durability of his results.
What Is a Face Lift?
It is cosmetic surgery designed to turn back the clock by improving the signs of aging. The procedure lifts and tightens sagging skin and the underlying soft connective tissue, and removes excess skin and fat. Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System (SMAS) is the facial connective tissue system that loosens with age, and along with gravity creates jowls. SMAS elevation is the most effective way to tighten the area including improving the appearance of the jawline.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- You should be at or close to your ideal weight, with a BMI less than 35.
- The best candidates are non-smokers. Smoking increases the chance of complications including impairment in wound healing.
- You may be a good option if you have any of the following characteristics:
- An overall tired-looking appearance
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Loss of muscle tone in the face and neck
- Wrinkles/creases around your nose, mouth, and neck
- A facelift is performed on an outpatient basis in a hospital or surgery center under general anesthesia.
- Dr. Gupta will begin by numbing the area where the incisions will be placed.
- Through the incisions, he will locate the SMAS layer and dissect the skin from the underlying tissue.
- The SMAS layer will be securely tightened.
- The platysma muscles will be sewing together.
- After tightening the underlying tissue, excess skin will be excised.
- The incision will be closed in multiple layers.
- Incisions will be dressed and gauze and ACE wrap will be wrapped around your head.
- There will be some bruising, swelling and mild discomfort after liposuction; however, with the compression garment in place, swelling will be minimal and will subside quickly. The other side effects are also temporary.
Small incisions are made along the hairline, starting above the ear, and extending down around the bottom of the ear lobe and into the hairline behind the ears. Incision placement is carefully planned to prevent noticeable scarring.
- For a more comprehensive rejuvenation, your facelift can be combined with an upper and lower eyelid lift, and eyebrow procedures; or a forehead lift.
- Patients often add non-surgical facial rejuvenation such as Botox and microneedling + PRP to complete their look.
- The skin thins and loses elasticity due to aging, gravity, smoking and sun damage, heredity and stress. These factors cause the skin to sag and wrinkle and the face to lose youthful contours.
- Deep folds develop between the nose and corner of the mouth (nasolabial folds).
- Jowls develop in the lower cheeks, jawline and Marionette lines deepen.
- Loose skin and fat on the face falls to create a double chin or turkey neck.
- Loss of facial fat pads cause a hollowed-out appearance.
Yes. A surgical drain will be placed exiting in the neck, it will be removed 1 day after your surgery.
You will need to wear it 24/7 for 2 weeks. After that, it is recommended to wear it as much as possible for the next 2 weeks; however, you may remove it when going out of the house.
Most patients have some minor bruising for 1-2 weeks; however, it can persist longer in others. Swelling will be present for 3-4 weeks with most resolution by 5 weeks.