— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Face Surgery
- Face Lift
- Facial Fat Grafting
- Buccal Fat Pad Removal
- Eyelid Surgery
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Brow Lift
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Med Spa
Cheek augmentation is designed to enhance the contours of the facial features. To accomplish this, the facial plastic surgeon may use artificial implants or the patient’s own bones or fat. Cheek augmentation is appropriate for individuals that want sharply defined cheekbones.
What Are Cheek Implants?
- Cheek implants are solid silicone implants that are designed to lay on the cheek bone and give added projection and improved contour.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants?
- Candidates for cheek augmentation may have flat, saggy or sunken-in cheeks. This may be a genetic feature or the result of aging.
- If you have tried non-surgical dermal fillers to restore volume in your cheeks but are still unhappy with your results.
- Cheek augmentation will restore volume to the midface and create youthful-looking fullness.
- You should be at or close to your ideal weight, with a BMI less than 35.
- The best candidates are non-smokers. Smoking increases the chance of complications including impairment in wound healing.
Cheek augmentation can be performed one of several ways. For example, the doctor can use the patient’s own fat, from another area of the body, and inject it into the cheeks to add shape. This approach has the added benefit of reducing excess fat in the donor area of the body (e.g., hips, buttocks). Alternatively, the cheeks can be enhanced with silicone implants. Yet another option is to use dermal filler products to restore lost volume or provide more definition to the cheeks.
The incisions will be inside the mouth. There will be no visible scar.
Downtime is minimal. Most patients can return to their normal activities after 1-2 weeks.
Depending on the overall contour of the lower face, often surgical procedures such as neck liposuction or a buccal fat pad removal are used to further contour the lower face.
Patients often add non-surgical facial rejuvenation such as dermal fillers to contour the jawline or micro needling + PRP to give their skin a completely refreshed appearance.