— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Face Surgery
- Face Lift
- Facial Fat Grafting
- Buccal Fat Pad Removal
- Eyelid Surgery
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Augmentation
- Brow Lift
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Med Spa
Facial Fat Grafting
Dr. Anshu Gupta offers an alternative natural treatment to achieve the youthful appearance – facial fat grafting.
What is a facial fat grafting?
Who is a good candidate?
- You may be a candidate for facial fat grafting if you:
- Have facial lines/wrinkles/creases.
- Scars or other depressions.
- Facial areas that look sunken-in.
- Age-related loss of volume.
- Keep in mind that you must have excess fat in another area of your body (e.g., abdomen, outer thighs) to use.
- You should be at or close to your ideal weight, with a BMI less than 35.
- The best candidates are non-smokers. Smoking increases the chance of complications including impairment in wound healing.
- First, Dr. Gupta will harvest the excess fat from the donor area of the body. He will make several incisions and use liposuction techniques to remove the fat.
- Dr. Gupta will purify and prepare the fat for re-injection. This includes removing the majority of blood and oil that are mixed into the fatty tissue. By nature of its design, the Puregraft system reduces the risk of contamination during this stage of the process.
- Once the fat is ready for re-injection, Dr. Gupta will use thin needles to inject small amounts of fat into the areas of the face that need volume and fullness. This may include the lips, cheeks, hollows under the eyes or scars/other skin depressions or indentations.
- The fat can also be used to fill in lines, wrinkles and creases, including laugh lines, smile lines or crow’s feet.
- Since not all of the fat will develop its own blood supply to survive, Dr. Gupta may over-inject the treatment area to compensate.
Incisions are very small and concealed in hidden areas, so any scarring will be unnoticeable.
- For a more comprehensive rejuvenation, your facelift can be combined with your facial fat grafting for a complete rejuvenated appearance.
- Other common procedures include an upper and lower eyelid lift, and brow lift.
- Patients often add non-surgical facial rejuvenation such as Botox and microneedling + PRP to complete their look.
- The skin thins and loses elasticity due to aging, gravity, smoking and sun damage, heredity and stress. These factors cause the skin to sag and wrinkle and the face to lose youthful contours.
- Deep folds develop between the nose and corner of the mouth (nasolabial folds).
- Jowls develop in the lower cheeks and jaw line and Marionette lines deepen.
- Loose skin and fat on the face falls to create a double chin, or turkey neck.
- Loss of facial fat pads cause a hollowed-out appearance.
No. Facial fat grafting does not require a surgical drain.
Most patients have some minor bruising for 1-2 weeks; however, it can persist longer in others. Swelling will be present for 3-4 weeks with most resolution by 5 weeks. DO NOT apply ice to the face. This can cause the newly transplanted fat to die.