Double Board Certified
Dr. Anshu Gupta
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
10+ years of experience
Double Board Certified
- Dr. Gupta is double board certified in General Surgery and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- Many patients don’t realize that Plastic Surgeons and Cosmetic Surgeons are not interchangeable terms. Plastic Surgeons, who are board certified, have much more extensive training than cosmetic surgeons.
- It is extremely important for patients to do a sample research before selecting your provider. Patient safety is our top priority, and we want to ensure you are selecting a surgeon who can safely perform the ideal procedure for you.
- Dr. Gupta is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Medical Association and the San Diego County Medical Society.
Newest Techniques & latest technology
- Dr. Gupta stays up to date with the newest research in order to implement the most advanced techniques when designing your surgical plan. This allows us to optimize each patients’ individual results.
- Dr. Gupta has authored 13 research papers on topics including gene therapy for cancer, general surgery and plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Verve Plastic Surgery is involved in a national study evaluating the safety of Breast Implants. This study focuses on patient experienced symptoms and satisfaction with their breast implants for 10 years.
- Dr. Gupta has presented many lectures to various groups including
- Educational lectures to cosmetic tattoo artists explaining the various stages of breast reconstruction. This helps them better understand the patients’ experience and mindset once they reach their final stage of reconstruction, areola tattoos.
- Educations lectures on utilization of AirXpanders as up and coming technology for breast reconstruction.
- Lectures on advanced breast reconstruction procedures including DIEP flap.
- Dr. Gupta has current active involvement in product development for special materials used for the newest techniques in breast reconstruction. In addition, he has visited Implant & dermal graft facilities to obtain even deeper understanding of material used commonly in surgery.
- He has been an essential in Research and Development of Puregraft, fat grafting system. He has participated in research studies which analyze stem cells from fat harvestation.
Wide array of procedures offered
FACEOver 1400 cases performed, including Facelifts, Eyelid surgeries, Brow lifts, Rhinoplasties, Cheek, and chin implants, Otoplasty (Ear pinning), Neck liposuction and complex complete face reconstructions for cancer or trauma.
BREASTOver 3000 cases performed, including breast augmentations, breast lifts, breast reductions, En-Bloc implant and capsule removals, advanced breast reconstructions, Capsular contracture and implant rupture revisions etc.
BODYOver 1500 cases performed, including Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, Mommy makeovers (very common procedure at our practice), Thigh lifts, Arm lifts, Gluteal augmentation with implants, Brazilian buttock lift, 360º body lift etc.
Dr. Gupta’s humble nature allows him to share the unique skills that he has obtained in his career. It is rewarding for him to be able to use his talents in order to help others in need.
He has provided pro bono services for women who have suffered injuries as a result of domestic abuse & participated in mission trips to El Salvador, where his surgical skills were utilized to help children with congenital deformities and burn injuries.
Education & Training
At the beginning of his journey, Dr. Gupta graduated from one of the top Medical Schools in India. After finishing medical school, Dr. Gupta spent a few years in the research field, working in San Diego on gene therapy for cancer. He published papers in the top journals and received international awards for his research as well. He started a General Surgery residency at Kern Medical Center (one of the satellite programs of UCSD). Today that training still helps him to be at ease around deeper complex structures of human anatomy. He then further specialized into plastic surgery.
Dr. Gupta trained in plastic surgery at Indiana University, with additional education at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
At these institutions, Dr. Gupta had the opportunity to train with over 20 general plastic and facial plastic surgeons. Many of them pioneers in their field.
Dr. Gupta specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery in addition to reconstructive surgery for cancer, including microsurgery and advanced breast reconstructions.
Q&A with Dr. Gupta
Mommy makeover. I love the transformation and the new outlook that patients have after. They are so excited after this procedure. You can see it when they come back for their follow ups. Many of them even change their entire wardrobe due to their newfound confidence.
Plastic surgery is a constant battle between beauty and blood supply.
Unfortunately, there are lots of suboptimal businesses out there. Medical providers should respect safety & perfection. Be sure to choose a double board-certified physician and someone who offers many surgical options, so you are not pushed into one particular mold.
It is a very excising and honorable business where you generally transform lives. Transformation and providing happiness to the patient should always be your first goal.
- I love the creative aspect and joy when the patient gets to experience.
- I love designing the absolute perfect procedure for them.