— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Buttock Augmentation with Implants
- Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Body Lift
- Post Weight Loss Body Contouring
- Face Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Med Spa
What Is a Thigh Lift?
A surgical procedure which removes excess skin and fat from the inner thigh.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- A good candidate has excess hanging skin in the inner thigh that despite diet and exercise they cannot get rid of.
- You should be at or close to your ideal weight, with a BMI less than 35.
- The best candidates are non-smokers. Smoking increases the chance of complications including impairment in wound healing.
- Thigh lift is performed on an outpatient basis at a hospital or local surgery center, under general anesthesia.
- Dr. Gupta will begin by making an incision on the inside of the inner thigh and groin crease; depending on the degree of correction necessary, the incision may extend from the groin crease to the inner knee. Through the incision, Dr. Gupta will use liposuction techniques to remove excess fat and tighten the underlying muscle. Dr. Gupta will re-drape the skin over the new contour of the thigh and stitch the incisions together with multiple layers of sutures. He will place a supportive garment that applies compression to the arm for you to continue to wear during your recovery.
The incision will be on the inside of the inner thigh and in the groin crease; depending on the degree of correction necessary, the incision may extend from the groin crease to the inner knee.
Inner Thigh Incision
We want you to begin walking immediately after surgery. This is important to reduce the risk of blood clots in the legs.
Your legs will be much slimmer immediately after surgery, there will be residual swelling in the tissue which takes 6-12 months to completely diminish.
Yes. Lymphatic massage will help your body to reduce swelling quicker as well as help to remove any additional fat cells that were damaged or traumatized during your procedure.
It is recommended to wear your provided compression garment for at least 6-8 weeks. Often there is a lot of swelling with a thigh lift and the garment will help reduce swelling.
Typically liposuction is also recommended to help improve the overall tone of the leg.