— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Buttock Augmentation with Implants
- Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Body Lift
- Post Weight Loss Body Contouring
- Face Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Med Spa
Get rid of problem areas permanently. When diet and exercise fail to reduce areas of surplus fat, liposuction is a great alternative. Safe and effective, liposuction can contour large areas of the body such as the abdomen or thighs, or refine smaller areas like the knees and neck.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is permanent fat removal that occurs by sucking out excess fat cells from underneath the skin. It is best indicated for stubborn areas of fat which have been unsuccessfully removed even with diet and exercise. Liposuction can contour large areas of the body, such as the abdomen or thighs, or refine smaller areas like the knees and neck.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Anyone who is interested in getting rid of problem areas permanently.
- When diet and exercise fail to reduce areas of surplus fat, liposuction is a great alternative.
- You should be at or close to your ideal weight, with a BMI less than 35.
- The best candidates are non-smokers. Smoking increases the chance of complications including impairment in wound healing.
- Liposuction is performed on an outpatient basis in a hospital or surgery center under general anesthesia.
- Dr. Gupta will begin by making several small incisions in the treatment area. Through the incisions, he will insert a cannula (small, thin tube) and move it back and forth through the fat deposits to break up the fat. Once the fat has been broken up, Dr. Gupta uses gentle suction to remove it from the body. He works carefully to produce smooth contours and avoid any surface irregularities for a flawless result.
- Once Dr. Gupta has finished removing the fat, he will place a compression garment over the treated area to minimize post-operative swelling and help the tissues conform to their new contours.
- There will be some bruising, swelling and mild discomfort after liposuction; however, with the compression garment in place, swelling will be minimal and will subside quickly. The other side effects are also temporary.
The incision for liposuction and fat injections are very small, 1 centimeter or less. Depending on the number of areas liposuction is performed, there will be multiple small 1cm incisions.
Typically, over the age of 30 the skin does not have enough elasticity to tighten after large amounts of liposuction. If excess skin and excess fat are your concerns, surgical excision of the skin may also be indicated.
Yes. Lymphatic massage will help your body to reduce swelling quicker as well as help to remove any additional fat cells that were damaged or traumatized during your procedure.
Yes. Fat that is removed during liposuction is commonly used to increase volume to the breasts, buttocks or restore facial volume.
It is recommended to wear your provided compression garment for at least 6 weeks. Often there is a lot of swelling with liposuction and fat transfer and the garment will help reduce swelling.