I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Gupta and his team. As a healthcare worker, I strongly feel that, when looking for a good surgeon, you should always ask the surgical nurses who to go to. The nurses I work with all said that Dr. Gupta would be their first choice for a plastic surgeon.
— Verve Patient
- Breast Surgery
- Body Surgery
- Face Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Med Spa
2-3 days: Pre-Op
- Pick up post op medications from your local pharmacy
D 0 = Surgery Day
- You will see Dr. Gupta prior to surgery to ask any last-minute questions – he will draw his surgical plan on you including where the incisions will be made
- Surgery duration is about 1 hour. This is an outpatient surgery. You will go home the same day
- You will wake up with a special recovery bra. Continue to wear this at all times except when showering.
- The implants will feel high on the chest, it takes a few weeks for them to settle.
- You will be sore and swollen however you will be able to independently do your daily household activities that do not require heavy lifting.
- You do not have any restrictions in your arm movement but avoid heavy or jerking movements.
- Continue wearing your recovery bra
- Ice the breast to help reduce swelling and recover faster
D 5-6: Office evaluation
- We will evaluate you in the office and remove your dressing
- Continue supportive bra at all times, except showering.
- Many patients return to work at this time depending on their job requirements
- Sutures will be removed in the office. We do not use dissolving sutures in order to minimize your scaring.
- Implants continue to settle into the appropriate position.
- We will discuss massage to the breast if recommended/advised by your provider.
- Start scar treatment – we will provide a specially formulated scar cream to you.
- Most of the swelling will have subsided and your implants will feel soft.
- You may resume regular exercise
- At this stage you will be allowed to submerge underwater. You may resume swimming, bath tub, ocean, etc.
- Your final results are achieved.
- You may notice very minor changes from months 3-6
- Final maintenance recommendations will be provided, and we are always available for further questions or concerns